Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Let Us Run With Endurance


August 4, 2011, I wrote a note to be posted on  Facebook.  And as it is part of my journey, part of the changing seasons of my life, I thought I would post it as it is so encouraging for me to read again, and know that as long as I fix my eyes on God, "I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength" (Philippians 4:13).

"Therefore since we are surrounded by such a huge crowd of witnesses to the life of faith,let us strip off every weight that slows us down, especially the sin that so easily trips us up. And let us run with en.durance the race God has se before us. We do this by keeping our eyes on Jesus, the champion who initiates and perfects our faith. Because of the joy awaiting him, he endured the cross, disregarding its shame.  Now he is seated in the place of honor beside God's throne.  Think of the hostility he endured from sinful people, then you won't become weary and give up.  After all, you have not yet given your lives in your struggle against sin."

I have recently decided to train for another marathon. Now whether I actually run that marathon or not is a different story.  Anyway,  I decided to do my ten mile long run for the week tonight (Thursday)  because I knew if I waited till the weekend I'd more than likely end up not doing.  I had ran ten miles Friday night and while it was tough, it was tolerable. But tonight- only six days later, ten miles became very difficult.  And around mile seven, all I wanted to do was stop.  But in my head all I could think was "push through it Allison push through it, you'll become stronger for it- you'll never grow if you don't push through the hard times"  and like that I made it through that long ten miles.   Once I got past the point I wanted to quit, I started thinking how life is the exact same way.  We are human, and we struggle. We struggle with sin, we struggle with faith, and we struggle with patience.  It is these struggles that makes us stronger; but to become stronger, we have to push through them and remain faithful.  It's so easy to give up and become weary and let sin wear us down, but fixing our eyes on God and the pain he endured brings us promise, hope, and peace. He is our strength.  

I know for me at this place I am in life, I'm confused and I feel so unstable because my job has brought me to a city temporarily with my futrue residence unknown that keeps me from being around the ones I love so much.  But just like Hebrews 12 says, the same with 1 Corinthians 9 and 2 Corinthians 4, and all throughout the Bible;  I'm not going to give up- God places us in situations and circumstances to challege us and able us to grow stronger in Him.  I may want to quit and just pity myself and do whatever I can to have what I want, but God requires me as a follower and disciple of Him to push forward-to trust in Him and His promises, to be patient and faithful. And that's exactly what I'm going to strive to do.

I'm not a writer, never have been- but God laid this on my heart so clearly, I thought I should share it.  Love you all so much,  and of course I miss you all too :)

No comments:

Post a Comment